HEART TO LOVE WITH FOLA SERVICES

My photo
Am a Certified Motivational Success Coach that empowers entrepreneurs with tools to break through barriers, succeed and achieve their goals.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

THE HIDDEN REASONS WHY WE DO WHAT WE DO:MOTIVES 7A


THE HIDDEN REASONS WHY WE DO WHAT WE DO NUGGETS ON MOTIVES 7A



Blessings everyone, I hope you all are having a blossoming weekend so far. Today am continuing on the series” The Hidden reasons why we do what we do”.
I will show you few examples from the Word of God on some   people that did some things with the wrong motives in The Bible.
Some were good things others were bad things.
Remember that the Holy Bible is a book for correction, reproof and training to equip us all for good works.
2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. 17 God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work.
 Example One: David planned for Uriah to be put in the fiercest part of the battle so he can be killed in the battle and then David took over his wife Bathsheba.
2 Samuel 12:9 Why, then, have you despised the word of the Lord and done this horrible deed? For you have murdered Uriah the Hittite with the sword of the Ammonites and stolen his wife.
Example Two: The Jews begged Jeremiah to tell them God’s words after he did, they refused to do what the word said they should do and they lost their zeal for the Word because it wasn’t pleasing to them.
Jeremiah 42:4-6. All right,” Jeremiah replied. “I will pray to the Lord your God, as you have asked, and I will tell you everything he says. I will hide nothing from you.”
Then they said to Jeremiah, “May the Lord your God be a faithful witness against us if we refuse to obey whatever he tells us to do! Whether we like it or not, we will obey the Lord our God to whom we are sending you with our plea. For if we obey him, everything will turn out well for us.
 Jeremiah 44:16-17.  “We will not listen to your messages from the Lord! We will do whatever we want. We will burn incense and pour out liquid offerings to the Queen of Heaven just as much as we like—just as we, and our ancestors, and our kings and officials have always done in the towns of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem. For in those days we had plenty to eat, and we were well off and had no troubles!

Example Three: Rebekah’s apparent zeal against marriage out of the faith was really a cover for her desire to save her son from problems which she had only herself to blame for all that will eventually happen to Jacob.
Genesis   27:46 Then Rebekah said to Isaac, “I’m sick and tired of these local Hittite women! I would rather die than see Jacob marry one of them.”

Remember how she also connived with her Son Jacob to deceive their father Isaac to get Esau (His elder brother’s) blessings in   Genesis 27:5-23 But Rebekah overheard what Isaac had said to his son Esau. So when Esau left to hunt for the wild game, she said to her son Jacob, “Listen. I overheard your father say to Esau, ‘Bring me some wild game and prepare me a delicious meal. Then I will bless you in the Lord’s presence before I die.’now, my son, listen to me. Do exactly as I tell you. Go out to the flocks, and bring me two fine young goats. I’ll use them to prepare your father’s favorite dish. 10 Then take the food to your father so he can eat it and bless you before he dies.”

11 “But look,” Jacob replied to Rebekah, “my brother, Esau, is a hairy man, and my skin is smooth.12 What if my father touches me? He’ll see that I’m trying to trick him, and then he’ll curse me instead of blessing me.”
13 But his mother replied, “Then let the curse fall on me, my son! Just do what I tell you. Go out and get the goats for me!”
14 So Jacob went out and got the young goats for his mother. Rebekah took them and prepared a delicious meal, just the way Isaac liked it. 15 Then she took Esau’s favorite clothes, which were there in the house, and gave them to her younger son, Jacob. 16 She covered his arms and the smooth part of his neck with the skin of the young goats. 17 Then she gave Jacob the delicious meal, including freshly baked bread.
18 So Jacob took the food to his father. “My father?” he said.
“Yes, my son,” Isaac answered. “Who are you—Esau or Jacob?”
19 Jacob replied, “Its Esau, your firstborn son. I’ve done as you told me. Here is the wild game. Now sit up and eat it so you can give me your blessing.”
20 Isaac asked, “How did you find it so quickly, my son?”
“The Lord your God put it in my path!” Jacob replied.
21 Then Isaac said to Jacob, “Come closer so I can touch you and make sure that you really are Esau.22 So Jacob went closer to his father, and Isaac touched him. “The voice is Jacob’s, but the hands are Esau’s,” Isaac said
“Yes, I am,” Jacob replied.
Rebecca tried to do the right thing in the wrong way. What we do is as important as how we do it and why we are doing it.
Romans 14:16 therefore do not let what you know is good be spoken of as evil.
Enjoy a beautiful Sunday and new week.
Join me on Facebook:Folakemi Ayodele
Follow me @Twitter: Folakemi Ayodele
Visit Amazon: Nuggets for Ladies


No comments:

Post a Comment