HEART TO LOVE WITH FOLA SERVICES

My photo
Am a Certified Motivational Success Coach that empowers entrepreneurs with tools to break through barriers, succeed and achieve their goals.

Thursday, May 9, 2013

NUGGETS ON’ DIVINE’ CALLING 3



NUGGETS ON’ DIVINE’ CALLING 3

Thursday Blessings to you all.
The following are the remaining examples of some people that were called in The Old Testament.
Samson’s calling:
Samson was called to deliver his people before he was even conceived. He was set apart and consecrated for the call as a young child. He was raised by godly parents that adhered to all the instructions given to them regarding his call and calling by God, however when he became a grown man he yielded to his flesh and selfish desires which denied him the privilege of delivering the Israelites from bondage.  At the verge of his last days, he chose to walk by faith , he humbled himself and asked for God to use him again in a mighty way though he had lost his eyes and his initial strength; God answered his cries , he defeated more of the enemies( Philistines) in his death than when he was alive although he  still left the Isrealites in bondage. Remember He was called to be their deliverer but he could not  fulfill that calling completely while he was alive  because of his flesh and selfish pursuits.
Judges 13:6-7 The woman ran and told her husband, “A man of God appeared to me! He looked like one of God’s angels, terrifying to see. I didn’t ask where he was from, and he didn’t tell me his name. But he told me, ‘You will become pregnant and give birth to a son. You must not drink wine or any other alcoholic drink nor eat any forbidden food. For your son will be dedicated to God as a Nazirite from the moment of his birth until the day of his death.”Judges 14:1-4 One day when Samson was in Timnah, one of the Philistine women caught his eye. When he returned home, he told his father and mother, “A young Philistine woman in Timnah caught my eye. I want to marry her. Get her for me.”
His father and mother objected. “Isn’t there even one woman in our tribe or among all the Israelites you could marry?” they asked. “Why must you go to the pagan Philistines to find a wife?”
But Samson told his father, “Get her for me! She looks good to me.” His father and mother didn’t realize the Lord was at work in this, creating an opportunity to work against the Philistines, who ruled over Israel at that time.
Samson’s Final Victory
Judges16:23-30
23 The Philistine rulers held a great festival, offering sacrifices and praising their god, Dagon. They said, “Our god has given us victory over our enemy Samson!”
24 When the people saw him, they praised their god, saying, “Our god has delivered our enemy to us! The one who killed so many of us is now in our power!”
25 Half drunk by now, the people demanded, “Bring out Samson so he can amuse us!” So he was brought from the prison to amuse them, and they had him stand between the pillars supporting the roof.
26 Samson said to the young servant who was leading him by the hand, “Place my hands against the pillars that hold up the temple. I want to rest against them.” 27 Now the temple was completely filled with people. All the Philistine rulers were there, and there were about 3,000 men and women on the roof who were watching as Samson amused them.
28 Then Samson prayed to the Lord, “Sovereign Lord, remember me again. O God, please strengthen me just one more time. With one blow let me pay back the Philistines for the loss of my two eyes.” 29 Then Samson put his hands on the two center pillars that held up the temple. Pushing against them with both hands, 30 he prayed, “Let me die with the Philistines.” And the temple crashed down on the Philistine rulers and all the people. So he killed more people when he died than he had during his entire lifetime.
Samson’s calling is a wake -up call for us as believers to consider our lives today and be doing whatever God is calling us to do without wasting our lives on selfish, fleshy pursuits and desires.
Let’s reach out and make a difference in this world. We really do not even know when that end will be -- only God knows.  So let’s start today by committing  our lives (and all those selfish choices) to the LORD Jesus Christ and  to purpose to do what God is calling us to do for Him and His Kingdom. .
Ephesians 5:15-16   So be careful how you live. Don’t live like fools, but like those who are wise. 16 Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days. 17 Don’t act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do. 
Samuel’s calling:
1Sam3:8 A third time the Lord called, “Samuel!” And Samuel got up and went to Eli and said, “Here I am; you called me.” Then Eli realized that the Lord was calling the boy.
David’s first anointing as King:
1Sam 16:12-13 So he sent for him and had him brought in. He was glowing with health and had a fine appearance and handsome features. Then the Lord said, “Rise and anoint him; this is the one.” So Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the presence of his brothers, and from that day on the Spirit of the Lord came powerfully upon David. Samuel then went to Ramah
Esther’s calling:
Esther 4:13-15 Mordecai sent this reply to Esther: “Don’t think for a moment that because you’re in the palace you will escape when all other Jews are killed. 14 If you keep quiet at a time like this, deliverance and relief for the Jews will arise from some other place, but you and your relatives will die. Who knows if perhaps you were made queen for just such a time as this?”
15 Then Esther sent this reply to Mordecai: 16 “Go and gather together all the Jews of Susa and fast for me. Do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. My maids and I will do the same. And then, though it is against the law, I will go in to see the king. If I must die, I must die.” 17 So Mordecai went away and did everything as Esther had ordered him.
Isaiah’s calling:
Isaiah 6:8-10 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us? “And I said, “Here am I. Send me!” He said, “Go and tell this people: Be ever hearing, but never understanding; be ever seeing, but never perceiving.’ Make the heart of this people calloused; make their ears dull and close their eyes .Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears, understand with their hearts, and turn and be healed.”
Jeremiah‘s calling:
Jeremiah 1:4-7 The word of the Lord came to me, saying, before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations. “Alas, Sovereign Lord,” I said, “I do not know how to speak; I am too young.” But the Lord said to me, “Do not say, ‘I am too young.’ You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the Lord.

Ezekiel’s calling:
Ezekiel 2:2-4 He said to me, “Son of man, stand up on your feet and I will speak to you. “As he spoke, the Spirit came into me and raised me to my feet, and I heard him speaking to me. He said: “Son of man, I am sending you to the Israelites, to a rebellious nation that has rebelled against me; they and their ancestors have been in revolt against me to this very day. The people to whom I am sending you are obstinate and stubborn. Say to them, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says
Hosea’s calling:
Hoses1:2- When the Lord began to speak through Hosea, the Lord said to him, “Go, marry a promiscuous woman and have children with her, for like an adulterous wife this land is guilty of unfaithfulness to the Lord.” So he married Gomer daughter of Diblaim, and she conceived and bore him a son.
Jonah’s calling:
When the Lord initially called Jonah , he tried to run away from fulfilling the call.
Jonah Runs 
The Lord gave this message to Jonah son of Amittai: “Get up and go to the great city of Nineveh. Announce my judgment against it because I have seen how wicked its people are.”
But Jonah got up and went in the opposite direction to get away from the Lord. He went down to the port of Joppa, where he found a ship leaving for Tarshish. He bought a ticket and went on board, hoping to escape from the Lord by sailing to Tarshish.
But the Lord hurled a powerful wind over the sea, causing a violent storm that threatened to break the ship apart. Fearing for their lives, the desperate sailors shouted to their gods for help and threw the cargo overboard to lighten the ship.But all this time Jonah was sound asleep down in the hold. So the captain went down after him. “How can you sleep at a time like this?” he shouted. “Get up and pray to your god! Maybe he will pay attention to us and spare our lives.”
Then the crew cast lots to see which of them had offended the gods and caused the terrible storm. When they did this, the lots identified Jonah as the culprit. “Why has this awful storm come down on us?” they demanded. “Who are you? What is your line of work? What country are you from? What is your nationality?”
Jonah answered, “I am a Hebrew, and I worship the Lord, the God of heaven, who made the sea and the land.”
10 The sailors were terrified when they heard this, for he had already told them he was running away from the Lord. “Oh, why did you do it?” they groaned. 11 And since the storm was getting worse all the time, they asked him, “What should we do to you to stop this storm?”
12 “Throw me into the sea,” Jonah said, “and it will become calm again. I know that this terrible storm is all my fault.”
13 Instead, the sailors rowed even harder to get the ship to the land. But the stormy sea was too violent for them, and they couldn’t make it. 14 Then they cried out to the Lord, Jonah’s God. “O Lord,” they pleaded, “don’t make us die for this man’s sin. And don’t hold us responsible for his death. O Lord, you have sent this storm upon him for your own good reasons.”
15 Then the sailors picked Jonah up and threw him into the raging sea, and the storm stopped at once! 16 The sailors were awestruck by the Lord’s great power, and they offered him a sacrifice and vowed to serve him.
17 Now the Lord had arranged for a great fish to swallow Jonah. And Jonah was inside the fish for three days and three nights. By the end of Jonah’s encounter in the belly of the whale, he repented and was now ready to do the will of God and obey the call. He eventually did this in Jonah 3.
Jonah 3; 1-4 Then the Lord spoke to Jonah a second time: “Get up and go to the great city of Nineveh, and deliver the message I have given you.”
This time Jonah obeyed the Lord’s command and went to Nineveh, a city so large that it took three days to see it all. On the day Jonah entered the city, he shouted to the crowds: “Forty days from now Nineveh will be destroyed!” The people of Nineveh believed God’s message, and from the greatest to the least, they declared a fast and put on burlap to show their sorrow.
To be Continued.
Ladies do mark your calendars to join me and Apostle Cynthia Agbuye this Saturday, May 11 @ 9 pm EST on “Heart to love with Fola”.She will be sharing on how to handles our issues, problems, unanswered prayers and much more.
 Have a Glorious Thursday. SHALOM
Join me on Facebook:Folakemi Ayodele
Follow me @Twitter :Folakemi Ayodele

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this wonderful reading coming from the word of God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sis Cynthia Robinson for reading the nuggets and commenting.Have a blessed day.

      Delete